CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 15

Apparently I'm getting a little boring in my picture-taking.  There are only four photos this week!

Preschool

Craft

Because Thanksgiving's coming up next week, we chose to forego our letter and make a turkey instead.  We finger painted feathers and then used tracings of each child's foot for the turkey's body.  I forgot to take a picture of how well they came out, but they did come out like cute little abstract turkeys.

IMG_1967

This was Hyrum's first time actually painting and not eating the paint.  After a bit, he wanted a wipe for his hands, and then he tried to clean his paper.  LOL

IMG_1964

Preschool Activity Book

We did some story comprehension questions, some patterns with shapes and colors, and some line drawing. Ellie still needs crayon nubs because otherwise she wants to fist the writing utensil!


Junior K

Reading

Emmett did some Dr. Seuss reading.  He picked Green Eggs and Ham again.  He's memorized most of it, so I'm not sure how much reading he actually did.  LOL

Math

He moved into the number bonds section in his book.  He really likes these papers, but does not like that he has to show me the answer with the rods.  I'm trying to encourage him to check with the rods because he is prone to miscounting.


First Grade

Language

Grammar

We did lessons 71 and 72 which focused on seasons and holidays as well as the proper use of sit/set and the pronoun I.

Writing

This week focused on The Railway Children.  Abby enjoyed the story, but had trouble remembering the kids' names.  I think probably because they were unfamiliar to her.

Reading

Abby finished Meet Molly!  I started her an account on Book Adventure so she is anxious to take the quiz for this book.  I guess that will tell me how much of the story she actually comprehended.  She can tell me what happened, but I'm always left wondering...

Spelling

To close up this section of r-controlled syllables, Abby worked through words with the /or/ sound.

Handwriting

We have been working for the last little bit on connecting letters to form words.  This week, she wrote her first sentence in cursive!

IMG_1968

Math

This week we moved on to multiplication by three.  Abby surprised me by completely being able to skip count by 3s even though we've not practiced it!  Though, if she didn't know a multiplication problem, she's very prone to think of the number doubled and then added again.  I'm more than fine if she doesn't commit these problems to memory as my current plan is for her to move on to Beast Academy next year where they will work on multiplication again.  She is just six, after all!


All Together

Science

Our caterpillars have mostly all moved on to become chrysalises!  We have one straggler, but he was so long past the other guys, that we moved the other guys and have the caterpillar still hanging out in the cup.

IMG_1936

History

This week we learned about Babylon taking over again!  Abby loved that Nebuchadnezzar was so nice to make his wife a garden that reminded her of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment